Oh, it’s here … sizzling summer has hit our town. It is more important than ever to take care of ourselves from the roots of our (most likely) chemically treated, gorgeous hair, all the way down to the tips of our delicately painted toes and all of the real estate in between. That’s where we come in to help you because the heat will take out of you and we all want to be that woman in the room that makes it look effortless, right? Our Summer Specials have arrived to take the sting out of summer maintenance and we invite you to partake in some great bargains for our professional services:
Receive $5 off any Luxe Pedicure (Spa, Shellac, etc.)!
Take $15 off any 60- or 90-minute massage!
Get a hydrating Summer Facial (exfoliating, soothing, moisturizing) for $70!
Buy two (2) Sunless VersaSpa Spray Tans and get a Complimentary Exfoliator!
The Fine Print: Not to be combined with other offers. Expires June 30th.
Luxe has a better reason that ever to offer our VersaSpa Tanning System Spray Tans on special this month (Buy three, get one FREE!) — It is Skin Cancer Awareness Month! And if you think you know everything about the disease, you’ll be surprised. Here are the facts according to the Skin Cancer Foundation: One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime; 13 million Americans are living with a history of nonmelanoma skin cancer, and nearly 800,000 Americans are living with a history of melanoma, the most dangerous form of skin cancer. But there is good news: because skin cancer is chiefly lifestyle disease, it is also highly preventable.
“About 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers and 65 percent of melanoma cases are associated with exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun,” says Perry Robins, MD, President of The Skin Cancer Foundation. “Everyone, regardless of skin color, should make staying safe in the sun a priority and incorporate sun protection measures into their daily life.”
Reduce Your Skin Cancer Risk:
- Seek the shade, especially between 10 AM and 4 PM when the sun is strongest. An extra rule of thumb is the “shadow rule.” If your shadow is shorter than you are, the sun’s harmful UV radiation is stronger; if your shadow is longer, UV radiation is less intense.
- Do not burn. A person’s risk for melanoma doubles if he or she has had five or more sunburns at any point in life.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths. UV radiation from tanning machines is known to cause cancer in humans, and the more time a person has spent tanning indoors, the higher the risk. Those who make just four visits to a tanning salon per year can increase their risk for melanoma by 11 percent, and their risk for the two most common forms of skin cancer, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, by 15 percent.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses. Clothing can be your most effective form of sun protection, so make the most of it with densely woven and bright-or dark-colored fabrics, which offer the best defense. The more skin you cover, the better, so choose long sleeves and long pants whenever possible.
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
- Keep newborns out of the sun. Sunscreens may be used on babies over the age of six months, but they should also be protected by shade and clothing. Children are very sensitive to ultraviolet radiation— just one severe sunburn in childhood doubles the chances of developing melanoma later in life.
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month. While self-exams shouldn’t replace the important annual skin exam performed by a physician, they offer the best chance of detecting the early warning signs of skin cancer. If you notice any change in an existing mole or discover a new one that looks suspicious, see a physician immediately.
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
For more information, please visit The Skin Cancer Foundation’s newly redesigned website, www.SkinCancer.org. Join the skin cancer conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/skincancerfoundation) and Twitter (@SkinCancerOrg).
Note: Hannah, our beautiful, gracious Prom Contest Grand Prize Winner, wrote this lovely account of her time with us at Luxe that we wanted to share. We have asked her to work with us from time to time going forward as our Teen Correspondant and are very excited to have her join our team!
When I found out that I won the Luxe Salon Prom contest I was so overjoyed. They truly know how to make a girl feel like a PRINCESS! It started all on Thursday night I went to get my brows done and then a VersaSpa spray tan. Todatiyah Morris did my brows and I was so amazed by how exact she made them and how much time she took to make them look perfect she’s such a warm, nice woman. I will definitely go back to her, as I would trust no one else to do such a good job! I then got my spray tan, which is amazing because it helped me get rid of my super white skin without me looking orange. It made me perfectly brown!
I had a hard time sleeping that night, I was so excited for the next day. Friday at noon I arrived at Luxe once again and they swept me back to the nail room to Amanda Millanes. She’s amazing. First she helped me pick out the perfect colors for my dress and shoes and then she shaped and polished my nails, making them all look great. She was so friendly and sweet and did an amazing job!
Next it was my turn in the makeup chair. Molly Hutchins did my makeup and she is just so wonderful. When I got to see the finished results I was amazed, it blew me away. When she was all done with my makeup, it was my turn to get my hair done with Stormy Martin, who I had heard so many amazing things about. She got to work on my hair right away, doing her thing. It seemed so effortless for her, when I got to see it all done it was unbelievable!
All the staff at Luxe are so sweet and made me feel so welcome. I want to also give a special thanks to Deb Smith who does the salon’s contest and marketing. She was beyond amazing, and sweet. She worked so hard to get everything scheduled in time for my prom, making sure everything was perfect.
I feel so blessed to be chosen for this. I was so amazed with the finished results, the whole night I got so many compliments about how great I looked. I owe it all to Luxe Salon and Spa.
PHOTOS: Amanda Millanes in the aqua and grey stripe top did amazing nails; Molly Hutchins was the artist behind Hannah’s makeup; Todatiyah Morris (green and white stripes) was Hannah’s brow architect; and Stormy Martin’s (blue dress) beautiful beach-curled down do made it all come together.
Mother’s Day! It’s closer than you think! Call 480-209-1659 to book appointments with Mom now or to pamper her and do not forget to mention these specials!
Nails: Take $5 off our Shellac Mani (Your choice of brand and color).
Add Shellac to any Luxe Pedicure Service for just $5 more (Must mention at booking).
Esthetics: $10 OFF any Brazilian Wax.
10% OFF all waxing services when you book more than one facial wax service (must be same day).
Tanning: Buy three VersaSpa Spray Tans (any level) and get one FREE!
Hair: Receive a FREE beach wave (loose curls) with any color and style service featuring our Product of the Month, Bumble & Bumble’s Surf Spray. Perfect for creating sexy, salty, sun-dried, windswept styles, Surf Spray is a great product for adding body to fine hair. Don’t forget to Check In on Facebook or Foursquare for 10% of all retail!
IMPORTANT Note: These service specials valid until May 31st, but may not be combined with other offers. Please mention these specials when booking so we may schedule the proper amount of time with the professional, etc. to receive these discounts.
Please LIKE our page on FACEBOOK to receive special FACEBOOK ONLY discounts for April and May that are COMING SOON!!!
A Little Romance …
We at Luxe love nothing more than to see one of our cherished clients find the man of her dreams and get married! It makes us downright dewy eyed to be able to help a Bride look and feel her absolute best in her photos, as well as to her guests, on such an important day! That’s why when client Melissa Burke (now Brown!) came to Wedding Team Leader Danielle Arias Jones to plan her Bridal hair and makeup appointments for her wedding to Thomas Brown, Danielle was thrilled to assist! Melissa has gorgeous thick hair that was best shown off down to compliment her strapless gown and the romantic setting of her event. Luxe Makeup Artist, Christine Geranen, applied faux lashes to make Melissa’s baby blues pop even more, and chose to use shades of pink (Melissa’s favorite color!) to highlight her features and blend nicely with the various shades of roses chosen by her florist. The result? Breathtaking! Here are some more of the details and advice for the newly engaged and beautiful photos courtesy of OGrace Photograhy (602-881-3383 or firstname.lastname@example.org):
Bride & Groom: Melissa & Thomas Brown
Wedding Date: Jan. 14th, 2012
Wedding Venue: Villa Siena, Gilbert, AZ
Bride’s Hair Products and Technique: Melissa’s Special Occasion Thermal Style was done by Danielle Arias Jones, Bridal Team Leader, who used Moroccan Oil and Bumble Products to achieve Melissa’s beautiful, relaxed spiral curls and teased crown. The style complimented her gown, as well as the romantic setting of her wedding.
Bride’s Makeup & Lashes Products: Christine Geranen, Makeup Artist, who used Luxe by Coastal Scents Makeup (available at Luxe Salon and Spa) and MAC Products.
Speical touches we loved: We loved the little touches that Melissa and Thomas chose: The Bling B on their cake, the photo booth and vintage-looking strips of photos for scrap booking, the black damask and hot pink theme was romantic, yet modern and perfectly suited the venue and event! We love that Pink is Melissa’ favorite!
Why did you choose the venue? “The setting is so romantic and beautiful that very little needed to be done to be ready for our event,” explains Melissa. Makes sense to us and we love the way they choose to use their resources, as we mentioned.
What advice do you have for other brides-to-be? “The best choice I made was to have professionals do my hair and makeup. Since we had a trial I knew exactly what what I would look like for the event and so I could really relax and enjoy my time instead of worrying about having to be ready. It was worth every penny!”
For more information on our Bridal Services or if you are a bride who wants to be featured on our blog, contact our Coordinator, Kristen Arias or her assistant Marni Rosenberg at 480-209-1659 or via email at email@example.com. Beginning shortly, you will be able to download a menu and information about our Wedding and Special Event Services from right here at this blog and on our site.
Newly engaged? Celebrating an anniversary! CONGRATULATIONS on this special time in your life! With the Bridal Coordinator and Wedding Team at Luxe, you can rest assured that no matter what kind of Bride you are and what kind of celebration you’ve chosen, we will make sure every detail is exactly right!
With a combined 15 years of experience, our professionals are experts in hair extensions, updos, make up and lash application, French and glitter Shellac and much more! We meet with you to review our services, schedule trial appointments, and pamper you and your family, attendants and even your groom! Our salon was specifically decorated with darker colors and plenty of flat screens so that men as well as women would feel comfortable. Perfect for the Bride and Groom seeking affordable luxury in a friendly, but professional atmosphere.
With our new Bridal Program, Brides can feel confident that they have found the right professionals! Every Bride will receive:
- A detailed consultation with our Bridal Team Coordinator;
- A copy of the Arizona Wedding Magazine’s Resource Guide featuring a 48-page wedding planner and lists of vendors from all over Phoenix;
- Bridal Buxe (in-store cash) to be used after your Honeymoon for a return visit;
- Time in our Relaxation Room with overstuffed massage chair to help you relax and collect your thoughts on your special day;
- Professionals working with you who are experienced with Wedding Day and print photography shoots, so they will prepare you to look your best in front of the camera as well as in person,
- Your dedicated wedding coordinator who will set up refreshments or a light meal for your Bridal Party.
- A special Bridal pricing program that offers discounts for multiple people and services, but doesn’t require you to pay for services you don’t want.
We would love to talk with you about your plans for your special day and will cover your event right here on our Bridal Blog! To send us a picture please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your names (bride and groom or engagement couple), wedding or engagement date, location and any other details that made it special, as well as a contact phone number and email so we can reach you if have questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Welcome to the Luxe Salon & Spa Bridal Bog! We can not wait to feature our Bridal Client’s and their Wedding Day Looks. We’ll dish on all the details and cover the latest trends and ideas, beauty tips and so much more.
If you are a bride planning on get married please email us at email@example.com and put WEDDING in the subject line so we can tell you about our wedding services and feature you here on these pages. Looking forward to hearing from you and stay tuned for our first bride next week!
Luxe Salon & Spa