Summer Series: 8 Tips for Hair Care
Our top stylists share Luxe’s best tips and tricks to making summer hair look its BEST:
1. PROTECT! Try Bb Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Heat/UV Protective Primer (couple it with Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil shampoo and conditioner for best results). Infused with six featherlight oils it helps soften, detangle, de-frizz, tame flyaways, ease styling and protect against breakage, heat-styling and especially UV damage. Toss it into your purse for use at the beach or pool and use daily for protection from our strong sun.
2. DEEP CONDITION: A staple of our Hair Services Menu and an easy add-on to your next appointment. And you will love the head massage! Ask your stylist which treatment will make the most of your hair and don’t forget the boost!
3. REGULAR TRIMS: Keep hair looking healthy and minimize split ends with regular trims. Once split ends start, they continue up the hard shaft, so cutting them off as soon as possible protects hair.
4. DIY MAINTENANCE: If you are sunbathing, APPLY a moisturizing conditioner like MoroccanOil’s to hair and the heat effect is like sitting under our dryers for your own at-home moisturizing treatment.
5. PREP BEFORE DIVING: Before diving in, spray hair with a refillable spray bottle of water or better yet, use a leave in spray conditioner to minimize chlorine damage (Your stylist can recommend the best for you hair and budget). Then shampoo to remove any left over chemicals from your hair. At minimum, do NOT let hair dry without at least rinsing off chemicals from pools.
6. DON’T OVER HEAT YOUR STYLE: Our stylists say the beach-blown, tousled look is right on trend for summer … don’t overdo it with the blow dryer and flatiron this summer … go with the wind and think Bb’s Surf products Bb’s Don’t Blow It for Fine or Thick Hair! Squeeze and twist into hair for a boost of texture and let the air dry magic happen!
7. GO SMOOTH: Invest in a smoothing service so that you minimize blow drying time, especially if you do not plan to be swimming to much. See our post HERE for more info on this service.
8. GET GLOSSED. Another way to protect your investment in your hair: Coating with a color protecting/enhancing gloss (this is similar to what used be called a glaze or cellophane). This at-home treatment is by Bumble and is called Color Gloss. Choose from Cool Blonde, Warm Blonde, Redhead, Brunette or Clear. This luminous hair gloss adds instant luster for color vibrancy. It softens hair with Bumble’s S-Complex and Slip Mix – and imparts a prismatic shine. It’s easy to use: Apply to color-treated dry hair. Leave on for 20 minutes, and rinse. Follow up with your favorite Bb. Shampoo and Conditioner. Blondes can also inquire about using Olaplex. A great protector!! See more HERE.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.